The Retrospective workshop is a one day training module that can be either added to any series of agile related trainings or can be conducted as a stand alone training. During this workshop participants will gain better and deeper understanding of the retrospective meeting. Participants shall explore different ways to facilitate a retrospective while understanding pro's and con's of the different styles and activities.
This will be achieved by plenty of exercises, simulations and role plays.
Throughout the workshop participants will be able to understand the power of retrospectives through a rolling exercise that will demonstrate the learning and improvement that can be achieved by having efficient retrospectives. Participants will also reflect on the pitfalls of not having frequent and effective retrospectives.
- Understanding the framework of a retrospectives.
- Different techniques to gather data.
- Different techniques to analyze data and generate insights.
- Group facilitation skills and group decision making knowledge.
- Different ways of doing retrospectives.
- A toolbox for making the most out of retrospectives.
- Traps and pitfalls of retrospectives.
- Knowledge to "smell" problems in retrospectives.
This workshop is for Scrum masters, managers, Team leaders and Agile coaches who want to advance their learning culture and kaizen mindset.
- Introduction and expectation matching for the day.
- The retrospective framework.
- Opening the retrospective.
- Gather data - basic activity.
- Gather data - advanced activities.
- Generate insights (Data analysis)
- 5 why's - experiment with non course example.
- Thinking hats.
- Think tank.
- Group decision making techniques.
- closing the retrospective.
- Retrospective traps and pitfalls.
- Retrospective smells.
Unless otherwise stated, the workshop runs 1 day, 9:30 to 17:30.