If Agile was easy, everyone would be doing it successfully. After all, the rules are fairly simple and the knowledge is out there.
In reality, the main challenge is a mindset shift, which you cannot experience by reading a book or watching a Youtube video. It is no wonder that the role in organizations responsible for agile transformations is called Agile Coach or Lean Mentor. It encompasses not only knowledge but also leadership, hands on experience, building trust and inspiring others, to name a few.
The Agile Coaching program by Practical Agile is designed to grow Agile Practitioners into Agile Coaches that are able to lead agile implementations, and to grow the next generation of agile practitioners and leaders.
If the two paragraphs above make you feel - hey, this is what I want to be, if you are willing to invest in your future as an Agile Coach (even if it frightens you a little bit) - this is the program for you!
Is this the right workshop for you? Click here to find out!
What is the Agile Coaching program by Practical Agile?
The Agile Coaching program is a 9 months program, consisting of:
- 12 bi-weekly meetings
- 6 individual coaching session
- Peer coaching circles
- 2 seats to advanced workshops by Practical Agile
- Practical experience
- Advanced reading materials
- Guest faculty by leading agile experts from the industry.
What to expect from the program
During the course of the program participants will increase their theoretical knowledge, and experience hands on practice of the learning.
Experience in agile transformations is an integral part of the program. See Practice section for more information.
By successfully completing all the program's activities, participants will demonstrate practical experience in Agile Coaching, using the concrete knowledge and practices gained.
- Introduction to coaching
- Introduction to influence: authority, power, leadership
- Starting an agile implementation
- Popular agile frameworks: Scrum and Kanban
- Agile product management
- Dynamics in agile teams
- Advanced facilitation techniques
- Effective retrospectives
- Agile planning
- Systems Thinking
- Understanding self organization
- Problem solving techniques
- Scaling agile
- Guest faculty
As part of the Agile Coaching program, participants will choose a project of an agile transformation in their environment.
During the program participants will:
- Practice their learning in the project
- Get coached by a senior Practical Agile coach in the context of their project
- Peer coach other participants. Each participant will get at least one opportunity to get coached by peers
- Submit a learning paper, to be reviewed by a senior Practical Agile coach
Participants are required to have experience in agile projects in one of the popular agile frameworks (e.g Scrum, Kanban, XP).
A minimum of one year hands on experience is generally required.
By hands on we mean, for example, being a team member of an agile team, experience as a Scrum Master or experience in several XP practices with emphasis on proven peoples skills.
All participants will be required to attend an interview with a senior agile coach prior to getting accepted to the program.
Important Information - Participation, Dates and Prices
The Agile Coaching program opens April 5th, 2016
Registration opens January 2016
Participation fee is 15,000 NIS + VAT
The program is limited to 16 participants
Participants will be eligible for a letter of participation, provided that they:
- Have attended all sessions
- Have attended all peer coaching sessions
- Completed an agile coaching project
- Submitted a learning paper and completed review by a senior agile coach no later than January 20th 2017
- May 31st, 2016
- June 14th, 2016
- June 28th, 2016
- July 12th, 2016
- July 26th, 2016
- September 6th, 2016
- September 20th, 2016
- October 25th, 2016
- November 8th, 2016
- November 22nd, 2016
- December 6th,2016
- December 20th, 2016
- 16:00 - 18:00 Academic session
- 18:00 - 18:30 Break
- 18:30 - 19:45 Peer coaching
Individual coaching sessions will be scheduled directly with the coach.
Coaching project will be conducted and scheduled individually or in pairs by the participants