Are you or people in your organization feeling overwhelmed with their workload? Do they feel they are not getting the results they want from the actions they are taking? Does everything seem urgently important?
The workshop is lively, interactive, with lots of variety to maximize learning potential. Gerry Kirk, Jim Benson and Yves Hanoulle originally designed this session using Training From the Back of the Room approach, which uses brain science principles for how adults learn, We at practical Agile are very happy to have trained this workshop with Yves Hanoulle and are now offering it as part of our service, we do this with the blessing of Jim, Gerry and Yves.
If you have been wanting to learn more about personal Kanban, this workshop is for you. Participants will apply Kanban and other techniques to manage their own work, and by extension to teams. Each person will design and learn how to use their own activity board.
- Increased visibility into what you are doing
- Practical answers on how to spend more time on the
things that matter most to you
- Lightweight processes and tools you can use and
adapt immediately to manage your workload
- A ready to use the personal Kanban board
Agility occurs at many levels: organization, team and individual. High performing companies embrace all three to reap the rewards of Agile. Executives, managers, developers, product owners can all benefit from this workshop.
This workshop is for individuals who want to create more value for their organizations and themselves through improved personal performance.
- Visualizing work to uncover bottlenecks, gain clarity and peace of mind
- The damaging effects of too much work-in-progress, and how to reduce its effects
- Prioritize work so the important isn’t crowded out by the “urgent”
- The power of slack time!
- Continuous improvement that actually works
- Minimizing distractions using the Pomodoro technique
Unless otherwise stated, the workshop runs 1 day, 9:30 to 17:30.
What people that participated say:
- "Informative, Practical, Dynamic, Interesting, Fun, Beneficial, Entertaining, Engaging, Agile, Hands-on, Organized, Focused"
- "I have been to a Kanban WS before and this one is much better."
- "Co-facilitation was great"
- "Interesting all day long"
- "Providing food for though"