This course is a 2 day training with a goal to explain the what how and why do we do Scrum. The course will go through all of the major topics related to scrum including: Agile, the Scrum framework, self organizing teams and engineering practices that are common for Scrum teams.
In addition to the theoretical know-how that we will cover, a lot of exercises and discussions will take place in order to get a feel of things. During those two days, the participants will gradually simulate a real Scrum project with all of it's aspects (except the actual coding).
Is this the right workshop for you? Click here to find out!
The course is targeted for anyone who wishes to gain deep understanding of Scrum & Agile. Attending such a course will provide the necessary tools for you to get started with Scrum in your own organization.
This course has been taken by everyone connected to a Scrum Team: The Product Owner, Team members, managers, and other stakeholders.
- Understanding the paradigm shift in software development.
- Agile manifesto- What is it ? Where does it come from?
- The Scrum framework.
- Scrum values
- Scrum roles - Team, Product owner & Scrum master.
- Scrum artifacts - Product backlog, Sprint backlog, Burndown charts
- Scrum ceremonies - Sprint planning, Sprint review, retrospective
- Definition of Done
- Team work - what does it really mean?
- Agile estimation and planning techniques
- Engineering practices commonly used in Scrum.
- Self organizing team
- Scaling scrum.
Unless otherwise stated, the workshop runs 1 day, 9:30 to 17:30.
What people that participated say:
- "The final exercise made us very aware of the areas we need to improve" - Keith Nooks - (Sapiens)
- "Entertaining, theory covered but able to keep your feet on the ground" - Ron Kitay (RSA)
- "As a person that attended several Scrum trainings, i can definitely say this that was the best of them all" - Aviv Avital (EMC)
- "Innovative, Interesting, I Like learning through games"
- "I cant wait to start implementing these ideas"
- "The coolest training i have been to :)"
- "Great training, excellent games, made everything clearer"
- "The workshop has the right balance between theory for beginners and practical tools that are useful also for those on their Agile journey. The location is great - it's fun seeing the sea!" - Tarin Waizman (Thomson Reuters)