Our system is big and complex, it’s not feasible to write automated Unit tests for it.
Often developers shy away from writing unit tests due to their fear of breaking existing
functionality and the perception that it will take a lot of time and effort to actually do it.
However, when we don't write unit tests the problems tends to increase.
And while most teams will agree that this loop need to be broken, the fear, will stop most of them from even trying.
In this workshop:
- we will learn how to write unit tests in a legacy system.
- We will focus on the common issues that make legacy code hard to test.
- We will understand how these can safely and surely be removed.
- We will stop fearing changes in our system
- and we will master those techniques by practicing on real life scenarios.